Friday, 24 July 2026

The Bridge at the End of the World



A science-fantasy hexcrawl for low-level adventurers, inspired by the forgotten hero of 1930's weird fiction, Tumithak of the Corridors and his ruined world. In your quest for the fabled Bridge at the End of the World, you must journey through a weird subterranean realm within the belly of a crashed generation-ship. A world where ape-men, mutants, monsters and alien insects vie for survival.

This hexcrawl is inspired by the minimal style of Luke Gearing's Pariah Hexfills. It is not suitable for beginner Game Masters.

Written for the Appendix N Jam, 2026, my 2025 entry, LOW TIDINGS can be found here. It won 1st place in the 'Appendix N Vibes' category*  

Art Sources:

Appendix N:
  • The Tumithak Quadrilogy by Charles R. Tanner. You can read all his published and unpublished works at tumithak.com
  • All Tomorrows: A Billion Year Chronicle of the Myriad Species and Mixed Fortunes of Man by C. M. Kösemen
  • The RPG: Metamorphosis Alpha



(*I'm not so hopeful for this one. Yeah, yeah. I get it. 22 hexes, an 18 room dungeon, lore - 4 a5 pages. I know how it is. I blame Luke Gearing for my hubris)


No comments:

Post a Comment